Aims and Objectives
- To have a basic understanding of the meaning and scope of Taijiquan as an internal martial art.
- To acquire the best available Taijiquan skills and techniques which you can competently practice regularly to achieve health, vitality, combat efficiency, mental freshness and spiritual fulfillment.
- To provide some understanding of Taijiquan as a martial art, a philosophy of life, and a way of spiritual cultivation, irrespective of race, culture and religion.
- To be able to perform Taijiquan with balance and gracefulness.
- To learn and practice some internal force training.
- To appreciate that Taijiquan can be used for self-defence.
- Some important Taijiquan principles as taught by great masters.
- Basic internal force training — Taiji Stance, Pa Kua Stance, Fa Jing and Cloud Hands.
- A basic healthy Wu Taijiquan set and some combat application sets.
- Energy flow and a heightened state of mind.
- Taijiquan Push Hands.
- Combat application of Taijiquan.
- Appreciate and experience that Taijiquan is not a dance.
- Appreciate and experience that every Taijiquan movement is a training of energy and mind.
- Be able to perform Taijiquan movements with balance and grace.
- Have some experience of energy flow and internal force.
- Appreciate that Taijiquan can be used for combat as well as spiritual cultivation.